In 2009, our first youth duathlon took place and was a hit! In 2014, we made the plunge into the water for our first Youth Triathlon. It is now a permanent part of our race line-up, making the Deuces Wild Triathlon Festival truly a family weekend! Kids can participate in the Deuces Wild Youth Tri and enjoy racing in the pines, just like their parents!
NEW for 2017!!
We are now part of the USAT SW Region Youth Triathlon Championship Series! This means that we are extending our ages up to 15, and kids ages 7-15 will be eligible to receive points towards becoming a USAT Southwest Region Champion. Here are the details:
- Do 2 or more USAT sanctioned youth races in the series to be eligible for series awards
- Earn 1 point for finishing each race, or 2 points for finishing the youth regional championship race in July in Fresno, CA
- Top 5 places per age group per gender (7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15) per gender will receive additional points as follows: 1st - 5 points; 2nd - 4 points; 3rd - 3 points; 4th - 2 points; 5th - 1 point.
- Point standings in each age group will be posted here after each series race.
- Top 5 highest total series point winners in each age group are USAT SW Region Youth Champions. In the event of a tie, participation and placing at the Youth Regional Championship race would determine age group placement for series awards.
- Series awards will be presented at the Youth Regional Championship following race awards. If unable to attend, awards can be mailed. Drop us an email for that info!
|Firebolt Youth Tri||4/15/17||Sierra Vista, AZ||Website|
|Spring Sprint Tri||5/7/17||San Diego, CA||Website|
|San Diego Family Retro Tri & Kids Splash & Dash*||5/21/17||San Diego, CA||Website|
|Deuces Wild Youth TRi||6/3/17||Show Low, AZ||You're here!|
|USAt-SW Youth Regional Championship||7/16/17||Fresno, CA||Website|
*Participation points only, no age group placing